Look, Mom, I Can Ceili

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

This week I've been home with my family, and I told them about my ceili experience. My sister said that next time she comes to visit, she'd like to come with me to a ceili dance just to see what it's like. How funny is that - I don't know much about my heritage besides that I have a lot of Italian, some German and some Dutch. And here I am getting into Irish dances. Who would've thought? Jennifer said that the dancers don't really discuss their heritage, that it's not necessary, really. Whoever wants to dance can dance, whether they're Irish or not.

I found another blog about ceili dancing! It's a beginner's perspective, but they went to a ceili dance in a barn. It was interesting. I put the link on my sidebar with the others. I also found a link to a picture of ceili dancing in Cork, Ireland, where there are several festivals. This page had all sorts of link to even more ceili information - yay!

I like trying new things - the ceili experience turned out to be a lot more interesting than I thought it would... and the dance was pretty simple, but still fun! I'll have to email Jennifer and Kathryn and thank them for their help... it was really fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home